Short-term writing projects?
Long-term writing gigs?
Not sure how to get what you need?
You’ve come to the right place.
You can hire Deborah Jeanne Sergeant on retainer to perform all sorts of writing tasks, including:
- new or refreshed web pages
- blog entries
- ghost or guest written articles for newspapers or magazines
- proof reading and editing
- personal and business correspondence, such as follow-ups and thank-you notes
- marketing materials
- press releases
- business names and taglines
- and nearly anything else you need
Since writing needs often pop up unexpectedly, hiring a trusted writer on retainer makes sense. You receive:
- responsive, on-call service with fast turn-around time
- professional writing services from a native English speaker who never outsources jobs
- access to a writer who serves only a limited number of clients to ensure top-quality work and careful attention to each client
- peace of mind, knowing that you have already budgeted for writing services
Monthly rates are as follows:
- $1,050 – light use (up to 3,000 words)
- $1,500 – moderate use (up to 5,000 words)
- $1,960 – heavy use (up to 7,000 words)
Three-month minimum contract (see below) is required. After three months, you can renew or discontinue the service with no additional obligation. Payment is due upfront per month as outlined below. If you unexpectedly need more writing services that what you anticipated, you can always go up a tier for that month. As your need for writing services decreases, you can return to your previous tier if you desire.
By signing this agreement, Client Name (“Client”) has retained Deborah Jeanne Sergeant to proceed with writing services for the period [Start Date] to [End Date], and agrees to the terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement.
During this period, Deborah Jeanne Sergeant agrees to write up to [3,000, 5,000, or 7,000] words per month on assignments to be determined by Client. Work will normally be performed at the offices of Deborah Jeanne Sergeant as a contractual worker. Deborah Jeanne Sergeant is not an employee of Client. Work will normally occur between the hours of 9 to 5 on weekdays; however, Deborah Jeanne Sergeant will perform occasional work outside of these times.
Payment for these services will be to Deborah Jeanne Sergeant at the rate of [$1,050, $1,500 or $1,960 USD] per month and will be made for the following month no later than the 30th day of each month that this agreement is in force. No invoice will be submitted.
Writing services in addition to words per month will be made available by Deborah Jeanne Sergeant at the rate of $.45 per word and will be billed separately.
Description of Writing Services:
All materials furnished by Client will remain the property of Client and will be returned upon request, or no more than 10 days from the termination of this agreement. All writing services are confidential and exclusive to Client.
The results of any and all work performed by Deborah Jeanne Sergeant for Client will remain the property of the Client. Client may use this material in any way deemed appropriate except for purposes deleterious to Deborah Jeanne Sergeant as determined by Deborah Jeanne Sergeant.
This agreement may be terminated on 30 days’ written notice by either Deborah Jeanne Sergeant or Client. In case of termination, Deborah Jeanne Sergeant shall make a reasonable attempt to finish work in progress and shall not refund any fee related to the completed work.
Deborah Jeanne Sergeant, Freelance Writer
[Client Company Name]